Quadra Children’s Centre, “situated in two beautiful wooden buildings surrounded by forest and farmland on Quadra Island, a large island on the northern tip of the Gulf of Georgia” (Fraser, 2000). At the Quadra Children’s Centre, we strongly believe that caring for children is more than daycare. We view our roll as supporting the greater health of our community; economically and socially. We are visible, valued advocates for children and their families. We are a financially self-sufficient childcare and family resource centre, supporting the Quadra community’s changing needs for children and families
in a nurturing and caring environment.
Quadra Kids Jr and Peaks Summer Program Leader
NUMBER OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 2
Quadra Island, BC
We have been offering exceptional summer programming for school age children since 1986 and this year we are looking to expand our offerings to include more diverse and exciting opportunities to children ages 8-11. Therefore, we are seeking applicants for Quadra Peaks Summer Program (ages 8-11 years old) and a Quadra Kids Jr (ages 5-8) Leader positions. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to assist in the development and implementation of a revised summer program with a focus on the outdoor environment, skill building and adventure. They will gain leadership, communication, digital technology, and other vital skills for enhancing their professional portfolios. Under the supervision and mentorship of the Program Supervisors, the individual will gain valuable experience in working with children and families in a unique and exciting environment.
June TBD: Participate in High 5 Principals of Healthy Child Development and Society Policies and Practices training.
July 28th-September 3rd: Working 35-40 hours per week alongside the Program Supervisor
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Providing high quality care and fun experiences to children
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all children enrolled in the program
- Work as a member of a team to develop and implement an exciting summer program
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Engages in regular communication with families
- Maintain confidentiality
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings
- Set up, take down and cleaning of program activities
- Completing a review of your experience at the beginning and end of the employment term to be submitted to Canada Summer Jobs.
- Participating in bi-weekly supervision with both the Quadra Peaks Supervisor and Executive Director
- Bright, energetic and flexible
- Child care experience is an asset but not required
- Ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds, understanding and valuing diversity
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, critical thinking, and creative problem solving;
- Ability to plan and implement innovative programming with a focus on the outdoors
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to handle emergencies skillfully and calmly and in compliance with Child Care Regulations
- First Aid training an asset
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org identifying which position or group would be your preferred age group. We appreciate all interest in the role however only those parties that are shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our centre. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to call Sydnie at 250-285-3511